Calling all musicians!
Got a river song? We are now accepting entries to the
Colorado River Song Contest!
Celebrate the Colorado River with a night of music and friends, and win fabulous prizes.
Contest to be judged by local celebrities
Tuesday, Sept. 5 at 8:00 pm at Firecreek Coffee,
22 Route 66, Flagstaff
Lyrics and a recorded song submission due Tues., Aug. 8.
*PLEASE SEE RULES AND EVENT INFORMATION BELOW*
Entry is free; donations will be accepted at the door for Sierra Club Grand Canyon Protection Campaign.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of a week of Colorado River Days Flagstaff events.
1) Song must be entirely original content, created by the performer.
2) Song must relate to either a) the Colorado River, or b) “the River” or appropriate references to a river that might be the Colorado River.
3) Performance must be solo. No accompaniments at time of performance, though recordings of the song may include other musicians.
4) A recording of your song must be submitted by midnight MST on Tuesday, August 8. Submit to email@example.com, with subject line SONG SUBMISSION (does not have to be all caps). Please include your name, phone number, and email address. We will reply to you letting you know if your song was accepted to the competition.
The sole purpose of the submission will be for judging, and unless permission is given at a later time, lyrics, music, recordings, and video will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
5) Songwriters must be present to perform their song before a panel of judges at Firecreek Coffee., 22 Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ, on the evening of Tuesday, September 5, 2017, to be eligible to win. You will be told the order contestants perform when you arrive that evening.
6) All decisions of the judges will be final. It will be at the judges’ discretion whether to discuss their decisions with contestants or anyone else.
7) Contestants will not hold Firecreek Coffee, event sponsors, or any other person, organization, company, or group involved in this contest or Colorado River Days Flagstaff liable for any injury or damage, real or perceived.
8) Winners will consider the possibility of sharing their song with hosting organizations, particularly the Sierra Club, for the purpose of fundraising, raising awareness of the values of the Colorado River, the importance of healthy flows, and threats to the Colorado River’s water supply, plants, and animals. No infringement of copyright is implied, nor are your rights to your song waived, by entering this contest.
9) Judging will be based on:
40% lyrical content
40% musical composition
10% performance and crowd engagement
10% musical/lyrical connection to the River